Bright, clean, modern hostel with excellent facilities and a laid-back vibe. This clean and placid haven has powerful showers and a friendly staff that knows Te Anau from front to back.
On the edge of the Fiordland National Park, YHA Te Anau is the perfect location to access some of the world famous New Zealand tramps. This Qualmark 4+ star rated Te Anau hostel continually impresses guests with its unique homely atmosphere and cosy backpacker accommodation just a block from the shores of the gorgeous blue Lake Te Anau.
- Lounge with fireplace and offers plenty of couch space to sink into
- Free movies
- Stainless steel kitchen
- Fresh spices and herbs growing in our‘Edible Garden’ so you can cook up your gourmet meal with ease.
- Outdoor deck and private native garden with a massive barbeque to get grilling on.
- Just a block from Lake Te Anau and 100 metres from the Te Anau’s town centre.
- Cosy, comfortable and super-clean backpacker accommodation
- Free tea and coffee in the winter months to keep you warm.
- Overflowing games cupboard
- Book exchange
- Extensive free VHS and DVD hire for great evening entertainment.
- Computers with Skype, CD/DVD burning, USB ports and internet connection
The YHA Te Anau backpacker hostel is located just off Te Anau’s main road where you can find everything from hiking gear, groceries, wonderful local Fiordland cuisine and lots of New Zealand souvenirs. The friendly hostel staff will help you make the best of your stay in Te Anau and Fiordland. YHA Te Anau offers peaceful and super-clean backpacker accommodation in the heart of New Zealand’s scenic Fiordland, come and recharge your batteries at the YHA Te Anau hostel!